Here you can find Power BI resources – for example, news from Microsoft blog and various mix of information from TOP blogs and magazines focused on Power BI.
- Microsoft Power BI Blog | feed – the latest information and news about Power BI directly from Microsoft
- Excelerator | feed – high quality source of information and tutorials about Power BI
- Kasper On BI | feed – Blog by Kasper de Jonge – Power BI program manager
- Blog Chrise Webba | feed – Chris blogs for over 10 years and has over 1,000 articles focused on Power BI and DAX on his website
- Prathy | feed – Blog by Pratha Kamasani – Independent contractor from India living in London
- Datachant | feed – Blog by Gil Raviv, which helps clients (including Fortune 500 clients) create modern self-service BI solutions.
- Using OData.Feed And The Query Option To Avoid The Dynamic Data Sources Error In Power BIby Chris Webb on 15. 1. 2023 at 20:03
Learn to use the Query option of the OData.Feed function in Power Query and Power BI
- Announcing Power BI in Microsoft Teams collaboration experiences improvementson 13. 1. 2023 at 13:29
We’re excited to start the year by announcing updates to the Power BI in Microsoft Teams experiences. Today we’re announcing three new capabilities that are starting to roll out, and a hint about things to look forward to in the coming weeks.
- Announcing: Viva Goals + Metrics integration, scorecard time zones and moreon 13. 1. 2023 at 11:15
New year, new features! We are excited to announce the general availability of the Viva Goals Power BI integration and three new Metrics features specifically answering common customer asks. A new, optional column for milestones, scorecard time zones, and a handy auto collapse / auto expand feature.
- Thank You Power BI Community!on 10. 1. 2023 at 13:24
Thank you Power BI Community and look back of 2022 feature releases, and when the upcoming release will be available.
- OData.Feed And The Dynamic Data Sources Error In Power BIby Chris Webb on 8. 1. 2023 at 20:32
Learn to solve the dynamic data sources error with OData.Feed in Power BI by relying on query folding
- Why DAX Window Functions Are Important For Performance In Power BI DirectQuery Modeby Chris Webb on 2. 1. 2023 at 20:33
DAX window functions can result in simpler, more efficient SQL when using Power BI DirectQuery mode and a greater likelihood that aggregations are used
- Eighteenth Blog Birthday: On The Question Of “Wouldn’t It Be Great If Power BI Did This?”by Chris Webb on 30. 12. 2022 at 8:00
Every year, on the anniversary of the first-ever post on this blog, I write a post reflecting on what has happened to me professionally in the past year or discussing a non-technical (but still work-related) subject. Two years ago I wrote a post about people who ask the question “Why don’t you add this one
- Power BI DirectQuery Mode And Degenerate Dimensionsby Chris Webb on 23. 12. 2022 at 9:30
Why using a column from a large fact table as a dimension could result in errors in Power BI DirectQuery mode
- Excel Small Multiples And Sparklines: Fun With Dynamic Arrays, Let, Lambda And Imageby Chris Webb on 19. 12. 2022 at 9:30
Use new Excel functionality to return small multiples of sparklines
- Is Power BI A Semantic Layer?by Chris Webb on 16. 12. 2022 at 9:30
Thoughts on why Power BI is a semantic layer or metrics layer
- Deep dive into Optimize ribbon and streamline your Power BI authoringon 15. 12. 2022 at 11:30
How does the Optimize ribbon, with Pause visuals, Refresh visuals, Optimization presets, and Performance analyzer, as well as Edit relationships in the properties pane work to streamline your authoring experience? Here are some scenarios they can help you with!
- Join us! Power BI Dev Camp: Thursday 15 December 2022! 11:00 AM PST. Learn about Power BI Quick Create SDKon 13. 12. 2022 at 13:02
This session will teach campers how to use the new SDK support to initiate an embedded Quick Create session which allows the user to dynamically build a new dataset and report on the fly.
- Power BI December 2022 Feature Summaryon 13. 12. 2022 at 10:03
Welcome to the December 2022 update! This month, we’ve added a variety of new DAX functions, updated slicer type formatting, and brought Metrics to the Windows app. There is more to explore, so please read on!
- Sharing Excel Reports Connected To Power BI Datasets Or The Excel Data Model/Power Pivot Using OneDrive For Businessby Chris Webb on 12. 12. 2022 at 9:30
I love Excel as an alternative to Power BI reports, especially now that Excel Online allows you to interact with browser-based Excel reports that use Power BI datasets or the Excel Data Model (aka Power Pivot) as a source. After all, why try to recreate a PivotTable in a Power BI report when you can
- Simplifying capacity management with unified v-coreson 8. 12. 2022 at 1:00
Power BI Premium Platform updates to unify back-end and front-end v-cores delivers a simplified capacity management experience for capacity administrators.
- Dataset refresh cancellation is now available in Power BI Premiumon 7. 12. 2022 at 10:30
Cancel an in-progress dataset refresh in Power BI
- Subscribe to a report with filters appliedon 7. 12. 2022 at 9:00
You can now create a subscription to a view of a Power BI report uniquely relevant to you. By selecting Include my changes, any filters and slicers you have selected will be captured in your subscription.
- Announcing: Enterprise scorecards with hierarchies and linked metrics in Power BI Metricson 6. 12. 2022 at 16:01
Announcing new Power BI Metrics features hierarchies and linked metrics.
- What’s New In Analysis Services 2022?by Chris Webb on 5. 12. 2022 at 9:30
There was a time when a new release of SQL Server – and therefore a new release of SQL Server Analysis Services – was the most exciting thing in the world for me. New functionality! New things to blog about! Not so now that my focus, and Microsoft’s, is on Power BI and we get
- Nesting Measures in Inforiverby Matt Allington on 30. 11. 2022 at 1:24
The Power BI Matrix visual is similar to an Excel Pivot table, however there are quite a few limitations in the Matrix. In the Power BI Matrix below I have put the product categories on Rows, Calendar Year on Columns and the measure [Total Sales] on Values. At this point, [...]Read More »
- Web.Contents, Text Concatenation And Dataset Refresh Errors In Power BI/Power Queryby Chris Webb on 28. 11. 2022 at 8:17
One of the most popular topics I’ve ever written about here is the dataset refresh errors you get with dynamic data sources and the Web.Contents function in Power BI (see here and here for example). Recently I learned about an interesting new detail regarding this problem that I thought was worth blogging about, and which
- Five Essential Power Tools for Power BI Desktopby Jason Cockington on 22. 11. 2022 at 2:47
The External Tools ribbon is a feature that has been available in Power BI Desktop since the July 2020 release. This feature should be considered essential to anyone who is regularly working in the Power BI space. In this article I recommend my top five External Tools, that I [...]Read More »
- River Murray Floods 2022 Data/Power BI Reportby Matt Allington on 4. 11. 2022 at 22:37
One thing I tell people over and over again, is that if you want to learn to be good using Power BI, you have to practice. One of the best ways to practice is to find a topic you are interested in and build something useful. River Murray Floods 2022 [...]Read More »
- Looking for a great introduction to DAX?by Daniel Duque on 26. 10. 2022 at 21:35
First, an intro from Matt. I have only met Daniel Duque via LinkedIn. Daniel contacted me last month with the kind message below. He wanted to write a book review and was looking for suggestions on where to do this. I suggested he write it here on my blog, hence [...]Read More »
- Switch between a summarized value or selected value with multiple legendsby Prathy Kamasani on 19. 10. 2022 at 16:19
A colleague of mine came to me with an interesting use case, “ Switch between a summarized value or selected value with multiple legends”. For example, I have five countries… The post Switch between a summarized value or selected value with multiple legends appeared first on Prathy's Blog....